[Busec] Reading group tomorrow 11am- Brian Eriksson

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Mon Feb 28 14:12:47 EST 2011

Hi all,

We resume our reading group meeting at 11am tomorrow with Brian
Eriksson in MCS137.  Brian is Mark Crovella's postdoc; I encourage you
to come out and meet Brian, hear about his research interests, and
potentially start up some collaborations with him. He'll be at BU all
week :)

See you tomorrow!
Sharon

Title - Posit: An Adaptive Framework for Lightweight IP Geolocation
Speaker - Brian Eriksson

Abstract -
Location-specific Internet services are predicated on the ability to
identify the geographic position of IP hosts accurately.  In this
talk, we introduce a new lightweight framework for IP geolocation that
we call Posit.  This framework requires only a small number of Ping
measurements conducted to end host targets in conjunction with a
computationally-efficient geographic embedding methodology.  We
demonstrate that Posit performs significantly better than all existing
geolocation tools across a wide spectrum of measurement
infrastructures with varying geographic densities.