[Busec] Gonca Gursun at reading group, tomorrow 11AM MCS137

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Mon Feb 14 12:30:09 EST 2011

Hi BUsec and NRG,

Tommorow we'll have Gonca telling us about here recent SIGCOMM'11
submission, at 11-12AM in MCS137.  I look forward to seeing you all
there and discussing this new research!

Sharon

Title: On Traffic Matrix Completion in the Internet
Speaker: Gonca Gursun

The ability of an ISP to infer traffic volumes that are not directly
measurable can be useful for research, engineering,
and business intelligence. There is some evidence that such traffic
matrix completion is possible, but there is as yet no clear
understanding of which ASes are likely to be able to perform TM
completion, and why. In this talk we investigate the relationship
between the AS-level topology of the Internet and the ability of an
individual AS to perform traffic matrix completion.