[Busec] Next Reading Group meeting: This monday dec 12 , 9:30-11:00 @ BU: Dana Dachman-Soled (take 3)

Ran Canetti canetti at tau.ac.il
Fri Dec 9 18:11:57 EST 2011

Hi All - This coming monday (9:30-11am at BU)  we'll enjoy Dana yet
again - this time she'll complete the trilogy with a presentation of
Alwen and Peikert's paper:

****************************
Title: Generating Shorter Bases for Hard Random Lattices

Abstract:
We revisit the problem of generating a ‘hard’ random lattice together
with a basis of relatively short vectors. This problem has gained in
importance lately due to new cryptographic schemes that use such a
procedure to generate public/secret key pairs. In these applications, a
shorter basis corresponds to milder underlying complexity assumptions
and smaller key sizes.
The contributions of this work are twofold. First, we simplify and
modularize an approach originally due to Ajtai (ICALP 1999). Second, we
improve the construction and its analysis in several ways, most notably
by making the output basis asymptotically as short as possible.

Best,
Ran

PS - This will be the last meeting of the year. We'll reconvene in January.