[Busec] schapira visit + next few reading groups

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Tue Apr 12 14:27:20 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

A few things:

1) To accomodate everyone, Michael Schapira's talk has been
rescheduled to 10AM on Thursday in MCS135.

2) Next few reading groups are:

April 19 - Giorgos Zervas on Heapable Sequences

April 26 - Vatche Ishakian

May 3 - Niki Riga on using GENI and other network emulation environments

May 9 - Conference discussions.  I'd ask everyone who's attended a
conference this year to tell the group the following:
(a)  What are the key themes in the conference? What problems do the
community seem to think is important?  What do you need to do to get a
paper published here? (e.g. prove theorems, run simulations, build a
system, etc)
 (b)  Tell the group a bit about the "culture" of the conference -
what the talks were like, the questions asked, the rump sessions, the
banquets, etc.
(c)  Choose one interesting paper/topic from the conference to tell
the group about in 2 minutes or less.

This will be an informal, around-the-table discussion, open to
everyone. To make sure we have enough participation, I've directly
asked some of you to participate, I will probably ask more of you in
the coming weeks, but anyone who has been at a conference this year
should participate.

Thanks!