[brite-users] How could I fix the generation problem?

Jukka Larja jlarja at tml.hut.fi
Fri Jul 20 01:47:18 EDT 2007

As I wrote in my previous mail to you:

 > To actually get BRITE to work under Cygwin, you also need to change
 > makefiles and GUI/Brite.java (line 373 where there is a command line
 > used to call Brite. I haven't tried to get C++ version to work).

I forgot to mention that you must recompile, but I hope that wasn't the
problem. I actually did not bother to fix the makefiles but simply
recompiled manually (everything under Java directory and GUI directory)
using standard cmd shell and javac. The Cygwin's make didn't seem to
work very well anyway.

I am actually using BRITE under Linux and only wanted to know how hard
it would be to get it to work under Windows (part of a sort of proof of
concept of protability of the system I am working on). I only generated
one topology (the one that GUI offers when it is started) and it is
quite possible that not everything is working. For example, I didn't
bother to fix command line used to call C++ version, since it cannot
even be compiled under Cygwin without some fixes.

So, to recapitulate:

1. Probably every Java classpath in BRITE source and scripts is broken
under Cygwin
2. Probably some other paths and command lines are broken
3. It is probably a good idea to run BRITE under Linux or some other
*nix, if at all possible

Hope this helps.

-JLarja