[brite-users] How could I fix the problem?

Jukka Larja jlarja at tml.hut.fi
Thu Jul 19 06:10:44 EDT 2007

csjfu wrote:

> I've been having trouble using BRITE. When I tried to run it, I got the
> following error messages:
>
> $ ./brite
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: GUI/Brite
>

> My java version is 1.5.0_09.

Are you perhaps trying to run it under Cygwin (or Windows in general)?
If you are, try changing command line to:

java -Xmx256M -classpath "Java;." GUI.Brite

That is, change path separator to ; and enclose path to "". To actually
get BRITE to work under Cygwin, you also need to change makefiles and
GUI/Brite.java (line 373 where there is a command line used to call
Brite. I haven't tried to get C++ version to work).

-JLarja