[brite-users] Plot a topology

Michael Gellman m.gellman at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Feb 6 11:10:34 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 16:57 +0100, Massimo Canonico wrote:
> Michael,
> I realized to take off just the last comment. Now, I put all comments in
> a new line, and Emulab wants a 'Simulator run' statement. Using the file
> in attachment, I got this error:
>
> <endnote>*** /usr/testbed/lib/ns2ir/parse.tcl: No 'Simulator run'
> statement found. *** ERROR: parse-ns: Parsing failed (error code 1)! NS
> Parse failed!
>
> Do you know where and how, I should put the missing statement?

I wrote a very simple script since I was interested in just plotting the
results with NAM.

Replace brite.tcl with the name of your topology file:

============================
set ns [new Simulator]
set nf [open nam.out w]
$ns namtrace-all $nf
proc finish {} {
        global ns nf
        $ns flush-trace
        close $nf
        exit 0
}
source brite.tcl;
create_topology

$ns at 5.0 "finish"

$ns run

It's pretty ugly, but it worked. Hope it helps.

Michael
--
Intelligent Systems & Networks Group
Dept of Electrical & Electronic Engineering