[brite-users] Plot a topology

Robert P Ricci ricci at cs.utah.edu
Thu Feb 2 12:46:50 EST 2006

I see you have an account on Emulab (http://www.emulab.net).

One roundabout way to plot it would be to export the topology as NS,
then submit the NS file to Emulab (without swapping in the experiment).
Emulab will generate both a thumbnail and large view of the topology,
which is accessible through the 'Visualization and NS file' link on the
experiment page.

However, Emulab is geared towards experiments with hundreds to a few
thousand nodes.  So, if your topology is too big, it might not work so
well.

The emulab graph drawing feature uses graphviz underneath, but does a
bunch of things to clean up the graphviz output (like removing dead
space).

Thus spake Massimo Canonico on Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 01:41:27PM +0100: