[brite-users] Problem with compiling Brite with any version?!

ice123 at gmx.net ice123 at gmx.net
Thu Jun 2 17:28:26 EDT 2005

Hello,

Since 3 days i try to get BRITE with a GUI running. I installed Linux
(Knoppix 3.7) on my system which has
J2SE 1.4 (Java) and GCC 3.3.5. All the problems has to do something with the
compiling of the source whether it is Java or C++.

Can anyone help me, what i am doing wrong? I need this program for my
project to develop a internet topology with NS2. I have tried nearly all
version and it failed everytime with compilation.

I have attached the versions and the error messaged. Has anybody an idea
what is the problem?

Thanks in advance!
Martin

----------------------------

BRITE 2.1 --> make all

../Java/Util/RandomGenManager.java:52: warning: An empty declaration is a
deprecated feature that should not be used.
       private static   Random GroupingRandom = new Random();;
                                                              ^
Brite.java:543: error: Type `JTextArea' not found in declaration of field
`sdLog'.
     JTextArea sdLog;
     ^
3 errors, 8 warnings
make[2]: *** [all] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mg/BRITE/BRITE21/GUI'
make[1]: *** [gui] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mg/BRITE/BRITE21'

BRITE C++ and GUI only
--> not possible to make also
--> with making GUI alone same mistake

BriteMain.cc: In member function `void BriteMain::InitSeeds(char*)':
BriteMain.cc:47: error: `ofstream' undeclared (first use this function)
BriteMain.cc:47: error: parse error before `;' token
BriteMain.cc:86: error: `last_seed_file' undeclared (first use this
function)
BriteMain.cc: In member function `void BriteMain::OutputSeeds(char*)':
BriteMain.cc:129: error: `ofstream' undeclared (first use this function)
BriteMain.cc:129: error: parse error before `;' token
BriteMain.cc:130: error: `seed_file' undeclared (first use this function)
BriteMain.cc: In function `int main(int, char**)':
BriteMain.cc:261: error: `GetFormat' undeclared (first use this function)
make[1]: *** [BriteMain.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mg/BRITE/BriteCGui/C++'
make: *** [c++] Error 2
mg at port-ici:~/BRITE/BriteCGui$ dir
C++  GUI  Makefile  README  startGUI
mg at port-ici:~/BRITE/BriteCGui$ ./startGUI
mg at port-ici:~/BRITE/BriteCGui$ Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: GUI/Brite

BRITE JAVA
--> same Mistake

Brite.java:607: error: Type `JTextArea' not found in declaration of field
`statusText'.
     JTextArea statusText = new JTextArea();
     ^
Brite.java:634: error: Type `JTextArea' not found in the declaration of the
return type of method `getTextArea'.
       public JTextArea getTextArea() { return statusText; }
              ^
3 errors
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mg/BRITE/britejava/GUI'
make: *** [gui] Error 2
mg at port-ici:~/BRITE/britejava$

I tried also the old version, but i am not able to run Brite! Who has an
idea?

Greetz Martin

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail gratis + 3 Ausgaben stern gratis
++ Jetzt anmelden & testen ++ http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail ++