[brite-users] Stopping a thread executing BRITE

Jean Lepropre lepropre at run.montefiore.ulg.ac.be
Fri Jan 14 08:03:25 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm using BRITE in a web application. The problem is that, when I give
certain values for the input parameters, BRITE never terminates the
generation and consumes 100% of the CPU. The only solution in this case
is to shut down Tomcat which is not practical.

To more or less solve this situation, I would like to execute BRITE in a
separate thread and give a mean to the user to stop this thread. The
first part of the solution is very simple to implement. However, I
didn't find any ways to implement the second part (stopping the thread)
without modifying the code of BRITE (which will cause problems when we
will change the BRITE version). Could you help me to do that ?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Jean.
--
Jean Lepropre                          Tel :   +32 4 366 26 94
Université de Liège                    Secr :  +32 4 366 26 91
Research Unit in Networking (RUN)      lepropre at run.montefiore.ulg.ac.be
Institut d'Electricité Montéfiore, B 28 (R86), B-4000 LIEGE, BELGIUM

CoNEXT 2005 - The E-NEXT NoE conference - http://www.co-next.net/