[brite-users] help

kmattar at cs.bu.edu kmattar at cs.bu.edu
Tue Oct 26 09:25:43 EDT 2004

Hi Gokhan,

Question 1:
> size of main plane and size of iner plane...if they are equal, this
> means that there is only one plane and all the nodes are distributed randomly
> on this plane.

Answer 1:
The short answer to your question is yes. The long answer is as follows. Think
of the inner plane as something that splits the outer plane. So if you have an
outer plane of size 100, it essentially means your outer plane is a square of
size 100 X 100. Now if you choose your inner plane to be of size 10, for
example, then your outer plane will be split into 10 rows (100/10) and 10
(100/10) columns, creating 100 (10 x 10) equally sized squares of size 100
inside your outer plane. If you now choose your inner plane to also be of size
100 then your outer plane will be split into one (100/100) row and one (100/100)
column, which is essentially just the outer plane.

Question 2:
> 2.       GrowthType = 1  but what is the meaning of All = 2?

Answer 2:
The growth type can be either incremental growth or ALL. Incremental growth
means that the graph generation algorithm adds only one node at a time as it is
creating the required graph. ALL means it creates all the nodes first and then
considers every possible pair of nodes adding an edge between them with some
probability that depends on the input parameters and the model being used.

Question 3:
> 3.      I got some bandwith values whic are not between the BWmin and BWmax
> although I chosed
>

> BWDist = 2        #Constant = 1, Uniform =2, HeavyTailed = 3, Exponential
> =4
>
>       BWMin = 512.0
>
>       BWMax = 1024.0

Answer 3:
That should not happen. I will try running the program to see if I run into the
same problem and I will get back to you.

Best regards,
Karim Mattar