[brite-users] help

Gökhan ÖZBİLGİN gokhan.ozbilgin at spk.gov.tr
Tue Oct 26 02:20:50 EDT 2004

Again help me .....

I have less time to prepare my works.

Please help me if you know anything about my questions.

Thank you very much.

Gökhan ÖZBİLGİN

Hello,

I am  a graduate student in Electrical & Electronics Deparment of METU (www.metu.edu.tr <http://www.metu.edu.tr/> ).

I want to use your useful tool "BRITE" in my works. I try to make a random network, but I have some problems.

Here is the model I try to used.

BeginModel

      Name =  1              #Router Waxman = 1, AS Waxman = 3

      N = 20                  #Number of nodes in graph

      HS = 1000              #Size of main plane (number of squares)

      LS = 1000              #Size of inner planes (number of squares)

      NodePlacement = 1      #Random = 1, Heavy Tailed = 2

      GrowthType = 1          #Incremental = 1, All = 2

      m = 2                  #Number of neighboring node each new node connects to.

      alpha = 0.15            #Waxman Parameter

      beta = 0.2             #Waxman Parameter

      BWDist = 2             #Constant = 1, Uniform =2, HeavyTailed = 3, Exponential =4

      BWMin = 512.0

      BWMax = 1024.0

EndModel

BeginOutput                  #**Atleast one of these options should have value 1**

      BRITE = 1         #0 = Do not save as BRITE, 1 = save as BRITE.

      OTTER = 0         #0 = Do not visualize with Otter, 1 = Visualize

      DML = 0                 #1/0=enable/disable output to SSFNet's DML format

      NS = 0                  #1/0=enable/disable output to NS-2

      Javasim = 0       #1/0=enable/disable output to Javasim

There are some parameters and  I want to learn their meanings.

1.      size of main plane and size of iner plane...if they are equal, this means that there is only one plane and all the nodes are distributed randomly on this plane.
2.       GrowthType = 1  but what is the meaning of All = 2?
3.      I got some bandwith values whic are not between the BWmin and BWmax although I chosed

BWDist = 2        #Constant = 1, Uniform =2, HeavyTailed = 3, Exponential =4

      BWMin = 512.0

      BWMax = 1024.0

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Gokhan OZBILGIN