[brite-users] installation Java GUI

Anukool Lakhina anukool at cs.bu.edu
Fri Jul 2 19:58:24 EDT 2004

Hi Minh,

It seems like you have atleast two versions of java installed (the sun
version you downloaded and the jdkgcj version). And, your
environment variables are pointing to a nonstandard/old version of java
(gcj).

To fix this,  you need to update your PATH variable to point to the
Sun java install.  Typically, this is installed in /usr/share/bin or
/usr/bin/java.   Once you update your PATH variable to point to the
correct java version,  "java -version" will return:
  java version "1.4.0_01"
  Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0_01-b03)

If you have difficulties, email me (off-list) and I'll try and help.

Also,  the brite-users list is archived at:
 http://www.cs.bu.edu/lists/brite-users/
and linked from the contact page.

Good luck,
Anukool