[brite-users] edge connection mechanism in top-down approach

Anukool Lakhina anukool at cs.bu.edu
Thu Sep 11 19:27:16 EDT 2003

Vladimir,

The edge connection methods at [1] are borrowed from GT-ITM.
A form of preferential connectivity arises from Smallest k-degree method.
By setting k appropriately (say to the largest degree).

The question of what is a representative edge connection method is to the
best of my knowledge unknown.  There are many issues involved when two
ASes connect and its not immediately clear why the largest degree
routers in two ASes should have a link between them.  Public peering at
exchange points make things more complicated.

Hope this is helpful,

Anukool