[brite-users] edge connection mechanism in top-down approach

Vladimir Blagojevic vladimir at cs.yorku.ca
Thu Sep 11 18:18:11 EDT 2003

Hi,

Why isn't the edge connection mechanism [1] in top-down approach using
preferential connectivity methods described in Barabasi-Albert and Medina's
research?

Maybe I don't understand the existing methods properly but intuitively the
do not make a lot of sense to me. Why would we want to connect two routers
from different ASes if they are smallest degree nodes in respective ASes?
I always thought of routers as being highly connected and "popular" nodes?

Cheers,
Vladimir

[1]http://www.cs.bu.edu/brite/user_manual/node18.html