[brite-users] Top-down hierarchical topology generation seems not to work for me!!

Oliver Holland oliver.holland@kcl.ac.uk
Tue Aug 12 15:36:02 EDT 2003

hi Anukool,

Thanks for your reply. I was aware of how the hierarchical topology
generation in brite should work (as was explained by you).

By arb. units I simply mean arbitrary units, used to specify the plane
sizes or distances etc. in the simulation seeing as I don't know the
units used to specify HS etc (although I suspect they are km). I think I
have the correct parameters specified, but the outputs in the .brite
export don't seem to make sense. I specified the AS HS as 1000, and the
router HS as 100, but all of the resulting nodes in the generated
topology seem to be positioned in a 100*100 plane.

Please see the .brite export which I included in my previous post. The
parameters I used are listed at the top. Can you see where I went wrong?
Or can you send me a .brite output (using the Java exe) where you have
used the 2-level top-down topology generation with HS's for the AS's and
routers set as 1000 and 100 respectively. Sounds simple, but that is all
I am trying to do and I am very much bemused about why it doesn't work.

Thanks again,

Oliver.