[brite-users] Choosing topology generation model

Vladimir Blagojevic vladimir@cs.yorku.ca
Mon Aug 11 12:40:02 2003

Hi,

I found myself unable to effectively support the argument for choosing
hiearchical two-level topologies for p2p simulations. In my research I
am comparing five leading p2p solutions for internet media streaming using
common simulator I developed.

Deployment network scenario for all these p2p streaming applications is
internet-wide. I was influenced by all the papers that use Transit-Stub
for the same class of research.  Therefore I just used equivalent BRITE
model.

How do I argue that using 2-level hierarchy is appropriate for my
research? Any references?

Most appreciated,
Vladimir