[brite-users] importing skitter data

Juan Rodriguez Hervella jrh@it.uc3m.es
Thu Jul 17 13:24:01 2003

On Thursday 17 July 2003 18:27, Anukool Lakhina wrote:
> Hi Juan,
> To import skitter files, you need to first run artsdump on the
> binary artsfile and create a new file.  Then import the ascii format
> artsdump into BRITE...  If I recall correctly, Vladimir was not doing the
> first step.   Juan, have you artsdump-ed the file using the artsdump
> utility?

Yes, I have

> If BRITE is complaining for a .brite file (this is clearly an
> annoying bug), then try renaming the dumped file with a .brite
> extension.

I've tried that and it doesn't work because BRITE thinks that
it is importing a brite file instead of the skitter file (imho, I haven't
tested this too much).

Here it is the error message:

java -Xmx256M -classpath Java/:../:. Main.Brite
[MESSAGE]: GUI starting executable: java -Xmx256M -classpath Java/:../:.
Main.Brite  GUI_GEN.conf prueba seed_file
[MESSAGE]: Creating topology from input file.
[BRITE ERROR]: Error reading from file  java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/usr/home/jrh/tmp/uoregon.20030701.skitter.brite (No such file or directory)

It's adding ".brite" when it shouldn't do it. This is a bug of the GUI, isn't
it ?

Cheers.