[brite-users] importing skitter data

Anukool Lakhina anukool@cs.bu.edu
Tue Jul 8 19:23:01 2003

Hi Vladimir,

First, the monitor you choose depends on what you want to do with the
data.  You may want to look at a paper that appeared in IMW01 by Barford,
Bestavros, Byers and Crovella,  "On the Marginal Utility of Network
Topology Measurements"  on the subject.

Second, you'll have to convert the arts format to ascii dump for BRITE to
be able to read it.  You can do this using the artsdump utility provided
in the arts package (so you'll need to download and install arts
first). Once you've converted it into ascii format, then you can import into
BRITE and start having fun.

Good luck,

Anukool