[brite-users] Some Bugs Fixed

Anukool Lakhina anukool@cs.bu.edu
Sat Mar 22 19:37:01 2003

Hi Arnaud,

BRITE implements an "incremental growth" version of the Waxman
model.  This means that at each step of the algorithm, a new node
surveys the existing nodes in the graph and connects to m of them with
probability given by the waxman model.  Note that the parameter "m" makes
the graph more or less dense.

The rationale for an incremental-growth Waxman becomes evident once we
survey the existing graph generation algorithms that have been proposed,
principally the Barabasi-Albert flavor models.  All of these are
incremental growth with some connectivity function.   The Waxman
model therefore, was tailored to mimic this style of graph generation, for
comparision.

Hope this is helpful and please feel free to contact me if you have any
questions.  We would be thrilled if you (or anyone!) would contribute or
extend the Waxman model in BRITE.

Thanks for bringing this up.  And I'm sorry I didn't respond
earlier.  Cheers,

Anukool